The town of Okotoks has grown..not surprising, since as a community, it offers so many diverse opportunities for people.
In 2011, there were 24,511 residents living in Okotoks. As of May 2016, there were 28,800 Okotokians. There are currently 29,000.
This is a good sign for our wonderful community...when working with homebuyers considering a move, there are many reasons why Okotoks is on the top of their list.
- Family focused community
- Great recreation programs for the kids
- Shopping - we have a Costco...you know you're on the map when you have a Costco...AND with no line ups, I might add
- Close proximity to Calgary - easy for communting
- The price of houses is less here - you get more for your dollar in Okotoks than you would in Calgary
- We are always improving....always new businesses and restaurants to check out
- Quaint & trendy downtown core with unique shops & boutiques..one of my favourite places to shop
- Infrastructure - one thing I love about Okotoks is that you always see your tax dollars at work. The Town of Okotoks works very hard to keep our community in tip top shape, whether it's by snow clearing, cleaning the roads, maintaining our beautiful pathway systems, watering and maintaining our greenspaces
The numbers don't lie..it's clear from our last census, Okotoks is a great place to live.
To read the full article from Okotoks Online, visit their website, here.